Fresh and light, while comforting and warm this dish takes minutes to put together and eaten any meal of the day.
Quick notes on this recipe:
- To get the most nutrients from this dish, look for fresh organic chicken /vegetable/beef broth or stock with just vegetables, and bones. You should recognise all the ingredients listed. You can generally find fresh broth in the fridge section of health foods stores. I love Star Anise Organic Wholefoods, broth in Sydney.
- Do this tonight: Remember to prepare all grains properly by soaking in water overnight, then rinsing before cooking. This helps to break down the hard enzyme layers for better digestion and shorter cooking time.
serves two-three . 15 mins prep + cook time
You will need: saucepan, chopping board, knife, measuring cups, measuring spoons, mixing bowl, small bowl, grater
1 cup of soaked + rinsed quinoa
1 cup of broth
1 tsp of miso paste
1/4 cup of hot water
2 handfuls of green beans, destemmed and cut in halves
Optional 1 cup of shredded, organic roasted chicken
1 avocado, chopped into 1cm squares
1 apple, finely julienned
1 shallot, roughly chopped
2 sprigs of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1. Add quinoa and broth to saucepan and cook on medium heat for 7 mins or until cooked and broth is absorbed.
2. Place cooked quinoa to a bowl. Then in a separate bowl, mix together miso paste and water.
3. Blanch green beans in boiling water for 1 min, drain and mix into quinoa along with miso soup and shredded chicken.
4. Top quinoa mix with avocado, apple, a few shallots and fresh coriander.