It's been a few months since I posted a recipe. It's been about that long since I felt creative in the kitchen again (outside of odd-end meals to use up ingredients, while still making them taste... pretty good).
This bread came about after I was late and locked out of a yoga class. Since I was up early, I turned home and made a loaf of pea & ham bread which turned out beautifully (all while Nick was still asleep).
So save this one for a Sunday morning bake. Savoury bread is great for packable breakfasts and snacks. See recipe below!
Pea & Ham Bread
serves 10 --1.10 mins prep + freeze time
You will need: 10 x 20cm loaf tin, measuring cups + spoons, mixing bowl, wooden spoon
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease a 10cm x 20cm loaf tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place the almond meal, arrowroot, salt, and bicarb soda in a large bowl. Add the parmesan, pepitas and mix to combine. Add herbs, peas and ham and mix to combine.
3. Place the eggs and vinegar in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add to the pea, ham mixture.
4. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30 mins or until golden on top and cooked when tested with a skewer.
5. Turn out of the thin and slice to serve warm, or allow to cool on a rack. This is delicious served with some herb butter.
1.5 cups almond meal
¾ cup of arrowroot
½ tspn salt
½ tspn bicarb soda
½ cup of grated parmesan
⅓ cup pepitas
1 tbspn of finely chopped rosemary or thyme leaves
1 tbpn of chopped herbs
½ cup of frozen peas, thawed
120g cup of ham, chopped
1.5 tspn of apple cider vinegar
Later, this bread recipe received special interest from my friend Kady, who was midway through curating recipes for her cookbook, Behind the Half Door. My recipe landed as a feature!
One Friday afternoon we cooked up a whole bunch of recipes for the book then shot on Kady's Bondi (busy street) balcony. Later, we poured wine and snacked on the bread and other bits (my kinda Friday-after-work treat).
And with a little brightening, this (below) was the final shot.
Introducing: Cake without Chaos
Cake without Chaos is a 1:1 coaching session + guidebook combo that's about trying different instead of harder. Learn how to recognise your eating triggers, understand why food doesn’t fix feelings and explore the links between emotion, bingeing and hunger.
INTRO OFFER [9th - 18th April]
Check out details by clicking below.